On May 17, 2017 the Association of Certified Fraud Detection Experts in Bulgaria (ACFE Bulgaria), together with the University of National and World Economy, organized the first international scientific and practical conference on Digital Fraud and Cyber Security. The conference was a full-day conference and took place at the UNWE building. During the event, plenary reports on issues related to electronic fraud and cyber-security were delivered by lecturers from the public and private sectors as well as from higher education institutions. Guests from different areas – Prosecution, Ministry of Interior – GDBOP, forensic experts, lecturers, as well as private sector experts – were present. Journalists from the Bulgarian National Television reflected the event in the media.
The topic of the forum was particularly relevant due to the WannaCry virus, which infected thousands of computers around the world. Some of the topics covered during the forum were:
- Countering the Financial Cyber Crime in Bulgaria, with lecturer Commissioner Yavor Kolev,
Head of Cross-border Organized Crime Department at the General Directorate
Organized Crime of the Ministry of Interior; li>
- DDoS attacks as a smoke curtain in front of other hacker attacks, with lecturer Pavel Kaminsky, CISSP, technical director of Seven Securities Group Ltd. li>
- Internet crimes, online fraud – challenges for law enforcement and judicial authorities, with lecturer Ilona Krysteyanova, Prosecutor at the Supreme Prosecution Office of Cassation; li>
- Digital Risk Risk Assessment, with lecturer Assoc. Prof. Dimitar Dinev, PhD, Department of Financial Control, University of National and World Economy; li>
- Using Artificial Intelligence Methods to Protect against Contemporary Threats of Cyber Crime li>
- Digital transformation and cyber-security – hand in hand li>
- CryptoLabs as the object of fraud, a means of committing fraud, a method of payment for making different
crimes and money laundering option li>
- Cyber Security Training (Cyber Security and Nuclear Security) li>
Discussion took place after the end of the event where lecturers answered questions from attendees. The conference received a positive feedback and great media interest.
The members of ACFE Bulgaria have received certificates of professional qualification (8 CPE points).Digital Fraud and Cyber Security International Conference